image/svg+xml

Yoshkar-Ola's tourist information center

(8362) 42-36-32
РУС

The cathedral was built in 1756 at the expense of Ivan Pchelin,the merchant. Initially, it was his family chapel, to which a covered enfilade led from the merchant's house. In terms of its architectural forms, the temple is a typical monument of Russian architecture of the 18th century. This is the only cathedral on the bank of the Malaya Kokshaga, preserved in its original form.

There are some facts from the history of the Soviet period: “In March, 1938, by a decree of the Presidium of the City Council, the temple building was transferred to the radio committee, in 1939 it was used as a beer warehouse, in November, 1940 the lower floor was provided to the Mari Artist partnership. Its last owner was the Yoshkar-Ola brewery. During the years of Soviet power, the bell tower was demolished, the church building needed a major overhaul”.

In the 2000s, the bell tower, demolished during the Great Patriotic War, was restored near the cathedral. At present, the temple is open to the public, the worship services are taken daily:

  • morning prayer at 08:00 a.m.;
  • eveningprayer at 04:00 p.m.

An early common prayer is held on Sundays and holidays at 07:00 a.m.

Address:31 Ascension St., Yoshkar-Ola, Mari ElRepublic.

Tel.:8 (8362) 45-00-11.

Yoshkar-Ola's tourist information center

г. Йошкар-Ола,
ул. Вознесенская, д. 39