image/svg+xml

Yoshkar-Ola's tourist information center

(8362) 42-36-32
РУС

Museum of Folk Applied Arts

The Museum of Folk Applied Arts was opened in 1999. It is located in a one-storey wooden house with a classical mezzanine, decorated with a fretwork. The building was constructed in 1907. The house belonged to Pavel DmitrievichLokhanov, the contractor of the TsaryovokokshayskTerritorial Council.

At present, the house of P.D. Lokhanov is a historical and architectural monument of the Mari El Republic and a cultural heritage site protected by the state.

The museum demonstrates the samples of decorative and applied art of the Mari people. It also provides the guided tours.

Working hours:

Tue-Sat: 09:00 a.m. – 05:00 p.m.

Sun, Mon - days off.

Web-site: www.fumus.ru

VK group:Museum of Folk Applied Arts

Address:23 Chernyshevskogo St., Yoshkar-Ola (at the intersection with Volkova St., behind the Aleksandrova lyceum No. 11)

Tel.: 8 (8362) 34-90-41

Yoshkar-Ola's tourist information center

г. Йошкар-Ола,
ул. Вознесенская, д. 39