image/svg+xml

Yoshkar-Ola's tourist information center

(8362) 42-36-32
РУС

Church of the Tikhvin Icon of the Mother of God

There is a small church preserved since the 18th century in the Central Culture and Leisure Park.

A small cemetery church once resounded only with sad psalms. The relatives and friends were followed to their graves here. Being built in 1774 by the efforts of the merchant Vishnyakov and the peasant Osokin, it is one of the examples of the wide charity of the Tsaryovokokshaysk residents. After the revolution, Tikhvin Church lost its bell tower and fell into decline. At the end of the 20th century, the restored temple was again resounded with worship songs.

Address:122a Komsomolskaya St., Yoshkar-Ola, Mari El Republic.

Yoshkar-Ola's tourist information center

г. Йошкар-Ола,
ул. Вознесенская, д. 39